New Experience | Teen Ink

New Experience

By nick2013 BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
nick2013 BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan

Elementary schools. Kid, recess, and memories. Every day I ponder what would of have been like if I didn’t go to a different school. When I was younger I used to go to a catholic elementary school. I used to assume that everybody would be proper and edict. My thoughts all changed when I switched schools in the 5th grade and saw that I wrong.

I used to feel out of place. I felt like I didn’t belong with anybody. It made me feel like a puppy surrounded by big dogs. Kids would make fun of me because I spoke differently and acted a peculiar way. I would conduct myself as If I was smarter than everybody else and think they should be just like me. I saw them look at me as if they didn’t like me but I would believe that I was just paranoid or something.

“Why are these kids doing this to me” I would ask myself. As I sat alone quietly pondering the same thing over and over again I finally notice that they were different. They didn’t come where I came from or knew what I knew. They couldn’t be the same as me. That day changed my life. I still think everyday what would it have been like If I didn’t change schools so early. In the end though I still thank myself for seeking that all kids weren’t the same and I can’t expect them to be.