Grandmother's Death | Teen Ink

Grandmother's Death

On the day of November 20, 2007. I believe I was in the 7th grade when my grandmother became very ill. She came down with something called pancreatic cancer but I never thought it would lead to her death. I knew something was wrong when my other grandparents came to pick me up from school. My mom was suppose to pick me up. She told me that something had happened to my grandmother but I still didn’t believe that it was this terrible. As we pull up to my grandmother’s house there were people everywhere I begin to wonder what was going on. As I got out the car everyone tried to straighten up but u could see the hurt and pain in everyone’s face. I walked into the house and everyone was sitting around crying. My mother then led me back into my granny’s bedroom where I then see her lying in her bed with a tub in her throat.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. Tears began to form in my eyes and at that point my heart den seeped into my stomach. The pain was awful. She was like a mother to me. We did everything together. As I sat on the end of her dresser tears ran quickly down my face and into my hands. I just started because I couldn’t believe what was going on. I looked into space as I thought to myself about how my life was about to change. I had just seen her that weekend before and she was just fine. She begged my mother not to tell my sister or I because she didn’t want us to stress. Two weeks later. The day of the funeral.

I refused to go. I just couldn’t bare taken the pain of her lying there restless without a breath left in her body. I was forced to go. My mother told me that it would be the last time I laid eyes on her and that it would only be right for me to show my face. She had to really explain that to me. I always think about her. I see her earn every day. I walk through my front door. She was my heart and she meant the world to me. She gone now and there’s nothing I can do to change it bt im glad she’s not suffering anymore and is in a better place. R.I.P Granny