Comeback

A minor setback for a major comeback. Injuries give me the strength to come back harder than before. It hurts when you get injured. It also should make you want to bounce back. I want to badly but it takes time. Time that I do not have.

This Friday I was at Joe's playing basketball. I was too anxious to play. I felt good I wasn’t missing many shot. I was jumping higher than ever. I was in shape running and not getting tired. All of this leads up to this, a sudden change of everything. I went up for a layup and came down and broke my ankle. I never knew such bad things could happen going up for a layup. Well at least that wasn’t on my mind. As soon as I heard the crack, I felt bad. It hurt really badly. Sweat coming down my face, pain throbbing throughout my foot. I wanted to take a look but I couldn’t. I had to tie my shoe up tight until I got home. I felt bad physically and mentally. Not that I had maybe broken my ankle. Just the fact I wouldn’t be able to play with my team. When it happen all type of things went through my head. I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to stay positive. I took my strength to get up and walk. I didn’t want to go to hospital. I was hoping I just twisted my ankle and all I had to do was ice and be good. I wasn’t expecting anything else. It had happen before but it was a little twist that’s all. I told my mom all I needed to do is ice and soak it.

I was trying to avoid the hospital. The pain on the ankle I had to go the next morning. I went to the doctor to find out I had a broken ankle. That wasn’t what I wanted to hear. I had a tournament the next week. I was thinking about wearing the jerseys and winning the whole tournament. I knew we had a good shot at it. If we were all healthy we were guaranteed to win. They told me three weeks on the cast. All the chances were gone because I was the second to go down. I wasn’t the only injured. I knew our chances were very slim now.

That following Tuesday when I showed my face at practice they were expecting me to practice. They didn’t take a look at the foot. When they realized and I saw their faces, I knew I let the team. I told myself when I come back I want to be full strength for a major comeback. Not just for me but the team also. I didn’t just hurt myself I hurt them as well. We need everybody to do the things we want to do. That’s to take home the gold next year in March!