The Most Exciting Night Never

It was a normal evening. Nothing was strange. Nothing was different. Everything was in its place. My bus slowed down, approaching my stop. I hopped down the steps, thanking the driver as always. With dance music thumping in my ears, I started my walk home. It was a short walk, just down a block and into my cul-de-sac. I tried to make my walk as long as possible, wanting to listen to more music, and knowing that homework was in my near future.
I trudged up my short driveway and into my dark garage. The Toyota and the BMW sat quietly, waiting to be driven. My iPod playlist came to an end as I yanked my earbuds out. The doorknob creaked when I turned it. The door opened, and my dog welcomed me home with an abundance of kisses.
That particular evening, I skipped my after school snack. My lunch had been extra large that day (thanks, Mom). I ran upstairs and slipped into my computer chair, logged onto YouTube, and surfed for about ten minutes. I then evaluated my homework situation. My homework didn't seem too overwhelming; however, I knew that my brain sometimes wandered off. With that in mind, I started my useless homework.
It was the same old stuff: Math, Science, Social Studies, and English. Exhilarating. I scribbled down answers that weren't necessarily correct, and ran downstairs for dinner. Regretting not eating a small snack, I hogged up everything on the table. My brother was ranting about some new job he got, so I was able to sneak back upstairs to finish my homework.
My work was finally done, I took my shower, brushed my teeth... The only thing left to do was to go to bed. And so I did.