My Dreams - Part 1 | Teen Ink

My Dreams - Part 1

By Phina ELITE, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Phina ELITE, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"Some of the best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

I let myself dream. It was a simple silly dream really; one that entailed lots of colors and bright happy things. And it went much the way that dreams tend to go. Except that when I woke, the dream didn’t end. It started much like this…

My voice was suddenly extremely loud in the silence of my bedroom. I could practically hear my hair grow. I had woken from a dream in which I’d been conversing politely with a set of colors, so why did the colors still exist? I looked around me and noticed a thick, silver-violet mist encasing my bedroom. A soft, tinkling laugh carried through the walls. On instinct, I knew no one in my house had made that soft, little noise. And that thought is what scared me the most. I couldn’t see, but then again, no one really can in the dead of night. But I knew that there was someone else in my room. “Hello?” My voice came out tentative, nervous, and probing. I let it break the silence until my ears were ringing with the sound of nothingness.break the silence until my ears were ringing with the sound of nothingness.

When dreams become a little more than a simple reality...