Don't Hold Back | Teen Ink

Don't Hold Back

December 7, 2011
By Jarred BRONZE, Commack, New York
Jarred BRONZE, Commack, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Most people are influenced by others around them, others who are in their everyday lives. I have been greatly influenced by my grandpa Sol. Even thought I have never met him we get closer and closer with every story, conversation, or photo about him. My grandpa and I have never met, but I know if, and when I have the chance to meet this wonderful man I will be closer than have ever imagined.

My grandpa was very tall even though most of his children and grandchildren are not. Something that I have always noticed with all of the pictures seen of my grandpa Sol was that he was always smiling. He looked happy in every moment and was grateful for his life and everyone was grateful to have him in their lives’. Even though I have not met my father’s father I know my dad and his dad were very alike; as I wish to be in the future.

I admire my grandpa because he has taught me to value life. The sad part of all of this is that it takes the loss of a loved one or future loved one to value life so dearly. I have also learned never to hold a grudge, because they only lead to heartbreak and regret leaving someone mad or with a bitter taste in your mouth. For instance, if you get mad at someone and they leave the restaurant they can get into a car accident. You will regret not apologizing. I admire my grandpa Sol because from his death, even though I was not

born at the time to experience it, I took from it the fact that you have to live to the fullest. You never know when it will end, live in the now and not in a bad memory of the past.

I remember when I had visited my grandpa’s cemetery and realized how lucky I was. I was lucky to have a father at the age that I am because when my grandpa had past my dad’s younger brother was about my age. I remember the look on my dad’s face when I told him that I take for granted one of the most important things in life, life, and he doesn’t have a dad on this earth anymore, and yet I take it as a given. I also remember the feeling that I had when I saw a tear shed from my Bubbie’s eye after she lit one of the many candles for the remembrance of her husband, the way she does every week.

I have always been influenced by my grandpa Sol and forever will be. My grandpa was said to be a great husband, father, and if given the chance grandpa, I believe every word of it. Don’t leave someone angry, it will only leave you with bad memories to regret upon. This topic is important to my life and the world because life is too short and it can be made even shorter. You can’t live an angry life because it will rush by before you know it. In other words don’t regret and don’t hold back.