Funniest Day of My Life | Teen Ink

Funniest Day of My Life

By connorcasey BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
connorcasey BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan

Screech! The car comes to a sudden stop, and Gabe is on the ground more scared then ever. Then there is me on the other side of the street, laughing so hard I could barely breathe. I’m guessing you’re all thinking that laughing at someone who almost got hit by a car is mean? Well you’re right, it is mean. But it’s also extremely funny. I’m also guessing you want to know how it happened. So here’s how it all happened.
My friend Gabe and I were walking to Giant on a sunny Saturday afternoon. I was on a skateboard and Gabe was on a bike. We were waiting for no cars to come by so we could cross the street. No cars were coming so I got on my skateboard and started skating across the street. Gabe was right behind me, but all of a sudden his foot slipped off the pedal. He fell straight off his bike, and on the street. And all of a sudden all these cars start coming.
He tried to get up and run, but by the time he got up a car was already six feet away. The car came to a complete stop one foot away from him. Gabe’s body was shaking as much as an earthquake. The guy got out of the car to see if he was alright. Of course Gabe was, he was just too shaken to say anything. So I came back over still laughing so hard I could barely breathe. All you could hear were a bunch of cars in the background honking their horns since we were holding up the traffic. The thought ran through my mind, “I wonder if Gabe has ever been this scared in his life?” I don’t ask him, we just continue walking to Giant.

When we go inside I asked him, “What was going through your mind when that car was coming?” He just looks at me and says, “Nothing at all. Everything in my mind just went blank.” I just laughed and walked on. After we got home we told my dad about it, he thought it was pretty funny too. Gabe was mad at first but after a while he learned to just laugh at it too. Sooner or later we were just all laughing at it.
About a week later Gabe called me and asked if I wanted to hang out, and I said sure. So when he came over I asked if he wanted to go to Giant. He said yeah, but when we got to Horsham road he started hesitating to go across the street. And I laughed harder then ever. So we went home and just hung out there for the rest of the day. That was the funniest week of my life, and probably the scariest week for Gabe.

Buns_Sender said...
sadist........