The Ride of My Life | Teen Ink

The Ride of My Life

By basketball1419 BRONZE, Brandon, Wisconsin
basketball1419 BRONZE, Brandon, Wisconsin

“OMG!!! How do I stop this thing?” I yelled as I was rolling down the hill at 100 miles per hour. The wind rushing past my face I glanced back for a minute then…….CRASH!!!!!! I smashed into a huge tree about 2 ½ feet wide and tipped over. I pulled the bike off of me and stood up. I was laughing so hard that I fell down on the dry dirt road again.
It was Labor Day weekend and I was at my campground. The sun was shining and the trees were swaying in the wind. We were all sitting around outside in our lawn chairs breathing in the fresh air and feeling the soft prickly grass on our toes.

My brother got out of his chair and walked over to me and said “do you want to go for a bike ride” and I said yes. So I grabbed my bike and we headed out for a bike ride.

Then we came around a dark shaded corner with lots of trees and there was a huge hill. So I paused for a moment because the hill looked like it went on forever. With feelings of excitement and nervousness I started to peddle down the hill. My feet stopped. It felt like everything was in slow motion. Seeing the trees, the water shines and sparkles from the sun, and looking up and seeing the bright blue sky with the puffy white clouds. Then all of a sudden everything was going super fast and my bike was swerving all across the road. Then it hit me, I remembered that I didn’t have any brakes because I broke them. My bike would not slow down it just kept getting faster and faster. It felt like I was going 100 miles per hour. Then I looked back for a split second to see where my brother was then……BOOM!!!! I crashed into a tree and I heard a loud popping noise and realized that it was front tire. I was stunned for about a minute just lying there on the ground not moving not doing anything. But then eventually I stood up but fell down again because I was laughing so hard. I didn’t even realize that my leg was bleeding because I was laughing so hard. My brother kept yelling at me “get up, get up.” After five minutes of continuously yelling at me he just left. I watched him as he rode off vanishing into the woods. Since I was left there all alone I picked up my bike and rode back to the camper.
………………….I look back to day and realize that I am very lucky that I wasn’t seriously hurt, only a few bumps and bruises. That was one of the scariest but exciting times of my life.

Little.Miss said...
on Oct. 11 2011 at 7:59 pm

I don't want to sound rude, but this is not written very well at all. It seems like a rough draft that needs revising and editing. It needs an end moral. What was the outcome of this story? What really makes it memorable? The writing needs a lot of work, but the outcome could be a very neat piece of writing.

Good luck and keep writing! :)