Teenage Dream... | Teen Ink

Teenage Dream...

By Sophia-Lynn Ellis BRONZE, Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
Sophia-Lynn Ellis BRONZE, Mattapoisett, Massachusetts

You taught me how to be a teenager; you taught me what true love really was…or so I thought. You taught me to care for someone to the point where they are almost a shadow, and were almost everyone’s worse nightmare.

You taught me what pain really was and how lies can be as real as the truth and taught me that everything comes back to bite you in the ass. You taught when you fall in love with something, it’s not really love; it’s just something that’s keeps your mind occupied. You taught me that want becomes need and need comes obsession. Taught me I love you will always bring you back in the end somehow it never seems to mean a thing. Love and weed are the same thing in your mind, the need for it is mentally brought on…without it you are nothing. You taught me how to love someone the wrong way, and take every word they say as if it was your last. You taught me that s*** can keep piling up, and at the end of the day it somehow we are always the one to blame. You taught me that cheating was okay… that no matter what someone will always be UN faithful that’s just the way life is. And that at the end of the day you will love us all equally. But most of all you taught us nothing is ever as it seems.