Barbiephobia! And more... | Teen Ink

Barbiephobia! And more...

By Jazzage BRONZE, Beechwood, Prenton, Other
Jazzage BRONZE, Beechwood, Prenton, Other

"Dobby's Dead" My friend

Intro:

I've been an only child my whole life, I was born in Farnham (That’s somewhere between the Surrey and Hampshire border), I can’t remember much from Farnham, because I was only about 3 at the time we moved up to the Wirral, we moved in with my Grandma and Grandpa. They lived in a large house with loads of land (6 acres to be exact) and this is where my story will continue…anyway I hope whoever reads this, likes it. Warning: I am rubbish at writing stories :P

Enjoy

As a kid I spent most of my time sitting in the middle of my bedroom on my heart rug believing that it would become a magic carpet, the same horrific spot where my Barbiephobia first started (I'll get onto that a bit later). From the point that my memory started working properly my mum opened up a restaurant, sadly she was working 24/7 so I hardly ever saw her. I spent most of the time with the psychotic, children magnet I call my dad. The memories of dressing him up as a Dalmatian and yelling ‘Yeehaw’ my stubby legs pounding his sides pretending he was a pony are a little hazy, but I remember enough to look back and remember how much fun it was. My Dad was great and would spend every second he had with me. It didn’t last long though, because my dad had to get a job.

I had no-one, we lived in an isolated area, my Grandpa was always busy in his office and my Grandma had a bad hip, so I was always by myself, but I wasn’t lonely for too long…there was one other thing in our house I could befriend as a play mate...and that was Crunkin. Crunkin was our pet cat, the brilliant memories of being chased by him, me jumping over my Grandma’s dinner and Crunkin running through Grandma’s dinner, we had some great times together, but he was an old cat and sadly his life came to an end. So again I was alone and this time I only had my imagination to rely on.

I have always been very imaginative, I would spend most of my time in my room playing with my toys, crowding them onto my ragged heart rug for an adventure on a magic carpet I would drag out all my teddies of my bed, but if the slightest scary thing happened I had no-one to tell me it was alright, so instead it would go onto my list of phobias and as you probably guessed that is how I got my fear of Barbie’s. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it’s true I hate Barbie’s I can’t remember exactly when or how it happened, but let’s just say the Barbie was pointing at me so it got shoved in the attic when my dad got home. At this age I noticed lots of weird things in our house, there was always one unwanted sheep figure that would sit on my bed just staring at night time, some people have exclaimed ‘You’ve been seeing a sheep ghost!’ , personally I believe it was just my imagination and I was right.

Before I knew it I was starting school, I couldn’t wait, at last I would be able to make some proper friends. The first 3 years I was one of the most popular girls in the school, everyone wanted to be my friend, everyone wanted to come round to my house, it was all me, me, me. Time absolutely flew those first years, but the second I even stepped into Year 3, I was bullied. People used to call me names and push me out, it was just like before I started school. This time it was for the best though, because I discovered drawing, I absolutely loved it. I had a natural talent from the second I started.

I can’t remember much from year 4, 5 and 6, my brain sort of made a mental block of everything that happened, I turned mildly emo for most of year 6, probably because of all the bullying I went through. At the time though one of the best things happened to me, but I didn’t realise it until much later on. I went to view Upton, the second I looked around

I knew it was the school for me. I am so happy with my decision, I now have what I hope will be a great friendship group for now and hopefully till the end of school.

Sadly I had to cut it down a bit otherwise I probably would have ended up writing a whole novel just on my life up to now. I hope you enjoyed reading it and weren’t bored to death by it :P

Bye Jazz :)

samwich7 said...
samwich7, No, New York
Please do! I will definetely read them! Can you please read some of mine, llike I Noticed You and Divinity Rising, although that's a long one :)

Jazzage BRONZE said...
on Oct. 4 2011 at 10:10 am

"Dobby's Dead" My friend

Thanks so much I wasn't actually expecting people to like it, i might post some more stories on soon :)

samwich7 said...
samwich7, No, New York
I wasn't bored to death at all by it. It's a great article, and you are good at writing stories. Give yourself some credit, and keep writing!