Being Bullied | Teen Ink

Being Bullied

July 30, 2011
By Anonymous

It was back in middle school- the days that I was bullied, the days I will never forget. It all started back in 6th grade. I was bullied for many different reasons, mainly because of how much i weighed. I had very low self esteem about it; I didn't want to go to school; I pretended I was sick all because I was getting bullied. People would laugh at me and I would go home at night and curl up and cry to my mom. She calmed me down and told me everything was going to be okay each and every night.

Being bullied caused me to have bad anxiety, so bad that I didn't want to live anymore. Later on I went to counseling for it and my counselor gave me many different ways to cope with the anxiety. Some worked and unfortunetly some didn't. I talked alot to my dad about it and he gave me some ways to cope as well. I got a journal and found out that writing my feelings down helped alot.

Throughout my three years in middle school as I mentioned before I was really hurt by the bullies. I never did anything to them, So I don't know why they bullied me. I was never mean to anybody. I started eventually believing in myself and not letting the bullies get me down, I thought "I don't deserve this" and I knew that I shouldn't let anyone get me down. So, I started talking positive and I found that talking positive made me stronger and happier and I am still today getting stronger. Middle school was the hardest three years of my life, but I got through them.

After I graduated middle school I thought that the bullying would stop when I got to high school, but I was wrong. In my ninth grade Biology class a kid said that the reason why there were fruitflies in the classroom was because of me. I found that extremely hurtful to my feelings because there was no reason for him to blurt it out. People used to throw things like paper balls at me and try to get them in the hood of my sweatshirt.

Today i'm not getting bullied anymore and it feels amazing. If I do end up getting made fun of I know not to take it seriously. I am so much stronger now than I was when I first started getting bullied. If I didn't go through it I wouldn't be as strong of a person as I am today. It was a rollercoaster of a ride, but honestly it was worth it.