The One Day I Got To See My Dad

It was a day of sadness and a day of happiness. It all started when I saw all my family together: my cousin, aunts and uncles. Everyone is in a rush to get ready for my great-grandpa’s funeral. Seeing them all doing one thing to another like crazy people that I couldn’t help but smirk a little. It was time for the funeral; it was the saddest energy I had felt in years.
Then it was time for the burial. My aunt told me she had a surprise for me. So we turned around and coming out of a cop car I see my dad and cover my mouth surprised and shocked. I burst into tears.
I was thinking is this true? Is it my dad? I’ve never seen him in my life (only in pictures). He’s walking towards me I give him the hugest hug, and I still couldn’t believe he was right there next to me. He got everyones attention, so cameras and phones all came out. Pictures were taken from right to left and beginning to end. I was by his side the whole time.
My dad asks me,”why are you crying?”
I tell him,”because I’ve never seen you”.
Then he says,”I’m sorry you have to see me like this”. He was cuffed and chained down, which made me cry more but I told him it was okay as long as I got to see him.
So as time goes by at the funeral I start thinking he’s going to leave back to prison and maybe I wont see him again, so I told him,”Dad, I don’t want you to leave,” crying.
He said,”But I have to mijo”.
I felt so devastated to hear it because what if I don’t get to see him ever again. So as minutes went by it was time for everyone to go. Everyone said their good-byes to my dad. We got in our cars. We leave passing each other. We go our separate ways. I didn’t have enough time with him.