A change in our lives | Teen Ink

A change in our lives

By Pikester BRONZE, Sunnyside, Washington
Pikester BRONZE, Sunnyside, Washington

Before my brother and I got on the ring of fire together I wasn’t really a good brother to him, I was mean to him; I didn’t really pay attention to him.

So two years ago something we did changed our relationship towards each other. It was the first day of the fair; I wanted to ride the Ring of Fire. So we got in line. I asked him if he wanted to get on with me. He said “No! I’m scared of this ride!”

So I went on by myself and right before it started, I waved at him. He waved back nervously. When the ride was done I told him how much fun it was and that it wasn’t scary at all.

Out of nowhere he said, “Will you go on it with me?” So we got on. I could tell he was scared-his eyes were bulging.

As the ride started, he closed his eyes and opened them when we were upside down. It looked like he was going to cry but he laughed - he laughed for the rest of the ride. When we got off, we were still laughing until my brother said, “Let’s go on it again! That was the best ride I’ve ever been on!” That wasn’t a surprise because he hardly goes on rides. On that day my brother really needed me and I showed my brother that he could count on me when ever he needs me.

I just want to thank my brother for being in my life. I also want him to know that I love him and I will always be there for him.