maybe one day? | Teen Ink

maybe one day?

By zuzana madrigal BRONZE, Sunnyside, Washington
zuzana madrigal BRONZE, Sunnyside, Washington

Time heals Everything......... Not!
It's been years since my mom and aunt talked .They don't talk because they both don't know how to Forgive and move on; they hold onto grudges.

This all started 5 years ago it was a huge argument – my grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles
were all there. They made us go play in the play room; it felt like we were in there for hours!! We just saw the clock tick and time pass we were all getting annoyed of each other we just wanted to go tell them to shut up and get over it, it was just a stupid rumor! I really just wanted to go over their and yell out “To get over it.” I thought after the fight everything was gonna be the same but no I was wrong, everyone went there seprate ways and my moms family started seprating.

So now nothing's the same then before. I see my cousins maybe once a year. That's when they come down to see my other uncle that lives here. I use to get mad and annoyed of not being able to see my cousins, but now I don't really care I learned to live with it.

Hopefully one day they'll talk again; there sisters, blood related, from the same parents. My mom just says “I ain't gonna deal with her stuff anymore.” I understand once you had enough of someone you get mad.

At times I wonder if my grandma wonders if it's her fault? I remember her saying “
It hurts to see my daughters fight, she thought she had raised them better.”

We just have to wait and see what will happen next. This helps me to forgive and I rather do that then loose a loved one.Now I know it's better to forgive and forget and not hold onto grudges because you ruin families and cause problems. Family is the most important thing in life and when it's getting ruined, what do you have? Were suppose to look up to them but how can we when there doing wrong not right. Hopefully none of us follow in there foot-steps.