eight legged freaks | Teen Ink

eight legged freaks

May 25, 2011
By Anonymous

I was ten years old, when I developed a fear. It has long legs with fuzz all over its body and teeth sharp as knives.


I was in the 4th grade when a spider expert came to our class to show us a very big spider. He told us the spider was harmless so he walked over to us. Then he walked to this kid and placed the spider on his desk. The kid pushed his chair back and told the guy to get the spider off his desk. There were these two kids laughing and weren’t paying attention So the spider expert got the spider and put it on the kids shoulder The kid turned around and saw the spider’s face and yelled like a girl and said take it off take it off.


One day when I was putting the dishes away. I reached for a bowl when i picked it up, My eyes opened wide. I jumped and took a couple steps back. There was a spider under that bowl and it was freaky looking and of course all spiders are. Right when i picked up that bowl the spider started running fast towards me. I didn’t know what to do but then I saw the handle of the sink .I ran and turned on the water and down the spider went down the drain.


One day my friend told me he had a spider in his room as a pet. I said are you crazy. Weren’t you afraid? and he said no. He said one day when he was gonna feed the spider it was gone. He was looking for it and then he heard his brother scream so he ran out the room and saw his brother on the floor he had fainted because he’s afraid of spiders. So his dad made him throw out the spider.


All these encounters with spiders made me develop a fear to the point where I can’t even look at them!