father daugter dance | Teen Ink

father daugter dance

May 25, 2011
By espindola BRONZE, Sunnyside, Washington
espindola BRONZE, Sunnyside, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It feels like time has been going by so fast. So quickly that finally the day has come. I am 15 now and it surprises not only me but my dad. He looked so nervous but proud at the same time.


He’s realized, that i have become a young adult and left the child behind:) He really wasn’t expecting me to grow up as fast as i did. Of course i am the baby of the house, so it’s understandable, I am always the one getting everything I want and they spoil me. He didn’t want me to grow up so fast because he thought and just felt it wouldn’t be the same. As in sitting by him with my cozy blanket and our cups of coffee and watching Cantinflas i realize that i love him



This is really stressful because I’ve grown and now i know what everything is like it doesn’t mean I am not going to have the same love and respect for him, He’s my dad && no matter what,I am always going to be there for him. Yes, we have been through thick and thin but that’s alright because no matter what my love is never ending He’s not only my dad he’s also my best friend i could trust him on anything and everything like when am hungry or i need something, the only person i could count on is him. he’s just amazing. we cook together and sometimes clean work together in the summer how could i thank him for all what’s he’s done for me?


I just want to let you know that I love you with all my heart and if there was something i cold do to return the exact favors, i would do it with no hesitation. your my number one. Nobody could replace you at all. If I die before please read this letter.

mucho amor y carino para mi padre:))

The author's comments:
well what inspired me to rite about me and my dad doing my quincenera dance was a big part for me especially because am really close to my dad and the whole point of this is that am finally a young adult and not a child anymore.