The Day I Met Micaela Palomarez | Teen Ink

The Day I Met Micaela Palomarez

By ClarissaRoman814 BRONZE, Sunnyside Washington, Washington
ClarissaRoman814 BRONZE, Sunnyside Washington, Washington

I was 5 years old it was the year of 2000-2001, and my first day of school. I was so excited to meet my teacher and my class mates. When I walked in the classroom, I was terrified to be near anybody! When I was by myself, I noticed this girl.
She was about my height and was smiling at me. She came up to me and said “Hey, my name is Micaela.” I completely froze I didn’t know what to say. Until I said to her “Hey, my name is Clarissa.” After I said that we started talking non-stop about anything. Micaela asked me if I had a best friend ,when I gave here my answer turned out she didn’t have a best friend either. So I asked her “Do you wanna be my best friend Micaela.” Then she replied “Yeah I’ll be your best friend Clarissa!” After I asked her she had an even bigger smile. Her smile seemed to shine I’m so glad she said yes.

After she introduced herself to me we became really good friends and we started to get to know each other a little better. We felt comfortable with each other felt like we could tell each other anything.
I was so happy I got a new friend who really liked me a lot and I got along with her really well I’m so glad I had her as a best friend because we had a lot of stuff in common and we liked the same thing. We would do everything together like talk,play games,jump rope. We could do anything we could think of, so we would be entertained and not be bored so yeah. She was like the sister I never had.

She and I would talk about was our friendship and about how nothing would ever come between us and even if one of us moved far away, we would always remember each other forever and would always be BFF’s.

I have a lot of memories with Micaela especially playing baseball all the time when she wanted to play, we were always on the same team we would never lose we were so good at baseball that we would always make the home runs, the funnest memory I had with her was being on my swing set. We would go super fast all the time we would jump off together and have fun together.

At the end of kindergarten I realized why I was so happy to have Micaela as my best friend. Now it’s a good thing I have all these memories with her because she would understand me like no one else would and I would do the same for her. We had trust in each in other and made a promise,that nobody or nothing would come between us now sometimes I feel like a stranger because I haven’t seen her in about 2 or 3 years. I don’t really know or remember but if we were to see each other it would be just like old times. I’ll never forget the day I met Micaela Palomarez. To this day we still remember each other we always talk about that on facebook about how I have never forgotten her and she told me the same, I miss her so much. Sometimes I just feel like crying, but i still have the memories and the good times we had with each other. I’ll never forget her.