Not all scars heal | Teen Ink

Not all scars heal

By abby godines BRONZE, Park City, Utah
abby godines BRONZE, Park City, Utah

Looking out the window like there's nothing better to do. Remembering all the good memories we had together. Crying like there's no tomorrow. Looking at picture of us in the frame that says Best Friends Forever. I would have never expected this to happen. It was all because of a drunk driver.
Friday afternoon, just got home from and I was tired from all the homework thatIi had to do. Hearing my phone ring but I don't know the number. I still decide to answer it and it was my friend Michelle's Mom. I couldn't really understand what she was trying to tell me, it all sounded like she was whispering. When finally she calmed down and the exact words she told me were "Michelle was caught in an accident..she didn't make it." I felt like the whole world had fallen down on my shoulders. I didn't even want to talk to anyone. All I did was sit on my roof, just wanting to scream my heart out. She was a person I trusted. To this day I will never forget the phone call. She left me a scar that will never show and never heal.

to my friend Michelle