The Glass Castle | Teen Ink

The Glass Castle

May 27, 2011
By Erin@Elkview BRONZE, Bikini Bottom, New Mexico
Erin@Elkview BRONZE, Bikini Bottom, New Mexico
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In my opinion, The Glass Castle is one of the best books I’ve ever read. It is adventurous, emotional, and exciting. It was hard for me to put the book down. And I’m sure you’ll feel the same.

This story is told in first person by Jeanette Walls. She writes about her life and how she grew up with the way she lived. She faced many challenges in her life, and she went from being homeless, to getting married and living in New York to be a famous writer.

The adventures in this book never end. There is always something new and exciting in the next paragraph. Her writing is so unique. All the chapter s are amazingly detailed. There’s always a surprise that you wouldn’t have known.

It’s amazing how this family survived with the way they were living. They were always brave and never admitted their homelessness. They never accepted donations from other people. The family had some troubles here and there. The dad would come home drunk and angry that he couldn’t find a job. The mom was a little bit crazy in the head. They always got made fun of or teased, but it didn’t bother them. They wanted to send a message into the world that even though they had nothing, they still had each other.

This book really makes you feel thankful for what you have. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a heartwarming book. The Glass Castle tells that even though you may feel like nothing fair, or that you may hate your life, just think about all those people that have absolutely nothing.