Red Line | Teen Ink

Red Line

I walked into the surgery room, in the center of room. Monitors were to the right of the table and a man was standing next to them. A nurse confronted me and asked me to lay down on the table. After I got settled the man next to the monitors placed a mask over my nose and mouth with tubes coming out the end. A gassy substance started to flow from the tubes and I stated to get sleepy. After about two minutes my vision became blurred and I couldn’t feel a bone in my body. The doctor put the iv in to my hand and hooked up the anastesa. After about another three minutes I became really sleepy. After about a minute every thing I saw went black.

It was Tuesday night at about nine o’clock, my mom pulled into the garage and turned the car off. I pulled the handle on the doorknob and got out of the car. As I opened the car to my house I had a small headache but just ignored and went up to my room. I brushed my teeth, took out my contacts and climbed into bed. After five minutes of laying there in bed, I rolled over on my side and tried to go to bed. After an hour of rolling back and forth with my headache I decided to get and go down stairs and sit on the couch and watch tv next to my mom. After an hour of sitting there watching the news I decided to give going to sleep another shot. Once again I climbed into bed and after a couple minutes I feel asleep.

I rolled out of bed the next morning with the same headache! I dressed for school and ate a bowl of cereal. My parents met me down stairs and started to make my lunch for school. I told them about the headache I still had and they decided after a little while that we should go down to Primary Children’s Hospital to get a C.A.T. scan. After the scan was over we were led into a room and were told to wait for a doctor. After about half in hour a doctor came in and told my family and I that I would have to go to surgery.

The next memoir will be my prediction and fear for my future.

This happened this year and about three more times to me in my life time in only 14 years.