Liars are cheaters and Cheaters are losers! | Teen Ink

Liars are cheaters and Cheaters are losers!

By njloverqoj SILVER, Boca Raton, Florida
njloverqoj SILVER, Boca Raton, Florida

"Then in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart."- Anne Frank

She was born to a loving Jewish family who supposedly cared about each other more than life itself. When she was born, she had the love of a mother, father, and 2 year old sister who would try to love her with their whole hearts.

Everything seemed perfect until the accursed year of 1997.

Her father had a respectable job as a financial accountant. But in early '97, he and his wife hired a hasekeeper from Brazil. He then started for whatever reason to have a crush on her and he fell in love with her.

Somewhere around February, the wife and her parents found in the trunk of his car his and his daughters' passports and a dictionary on how to speak Portuguese. When confronted, he admitted that he had been planning of kidnapping their daughters and taking them to Brazil where they and the father would never return. The mother was furious.

One day, she had caught him and the Portuguese nanny "doing the act". She kicked him out of the house and filed for a divorce immediately.

Now the father had kept a very big secret throughout his marriage. He had a very well known mental condition known as Bipolar Disorder. On the last day of their marriage, he finally told her he had it.

He visited his children for the next 2 years but then he and his family aborted any contact between him and his children and moved to LA. The only time they showed a connection was through very spread-out birthday gifts and the very brief amount of phone calls that only lasted a few months.

Now the family that had been hurt went on with their lives. The mother is still raising her daughters now and the father, well, they don't know what's going on with him.

I know that all the members of those two families are thinking right now "Well, it happened and we must go on. I will always remember this for this is my Vesper's Goodbye."

This is actually a true story. To say it better, this is my life. I really do have no contact with him whatsoever.

This memoir was for a challenge that I created on another website by this name