Inspire? | Teen Ink

Inspire?

By New.York.Dreamer SILVER, Lapeer, Michigan
New.York.Dreamer SILVER, Lapeer, Michigan

"When the road of life gets rough and potholes come abroad, your courage and strength come alive. The giving up may seem the only hope, it never is. The road ahead never stops. You make the choice, never anybody else."

You

Dear Katielyn,

I am writing this letter while I am listening to the waves of the ocean crash upon shore and I see the breathtaking views of the nearby lighthouse shining upon the water. I feel intense chills rise upon my back as a bird swoops down right in front of me and a breeze from the waters wind by! WHOOSHHH!! This is my favorite room of the whole house. It is called the Why Not room? Why not have a Why not room? I think everyone should have one in their house. It’s a great place to just relax and imagine. Let your creativity spread its wings and fly!!! You want to compete in America’s National Spelling Bee right? It may seem impossible now but its not! You need to truly believe in yourself and know that you can. Everyday, tell yourself affirmations; or positive statements. Say ‘I am accepting the award of my lifetime in Washington D.C. as I win America’s National Scripps Spelling Bee.’ Fake it till you make it. Pretty soon you’ll be living in the life you only imagined. Don’t let anybody tell you you’re wrong and don’t let anybody try to discourage you. They are just looking in a mirror seeing a reflection of them and beginning to feel jealous of you wishing they were you. If you want to move a mountain it won’t even budge by just saying “Move Mountain.” You have to believe in your mind that you can move it; and you will. Picture yourself in possession of your dream. Hold that image and never let it go. When you are lead in the direction of your greatest dreams follow your path. Begin a trail nobody else has gone after. On your way to success it will seem as if it’s pointless or/and you’re just failing and it’s impossible to succeed. You’re wrong. Millions of failures will be faced on your way. Perseverance and sheer determination is the absolute key to unlock the door at the top. You, Katielyn want to be a life coach don’t you? But, you’re afraid of public speaking. Each time you step in front of an audience you feel a tremendous amount of courage race through your veins. But, you feel a feeling that is as if it shuts your mouth, you cannot talk and you’re speechless. That’s fear. When you feel fear step into it. “You always gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look at fear in the face. You must do the things you think you cannot do.” Run after your fears, chase them, and stand up to every one of them. They think they can get the best of you. They never can. Your great amount of courage always seems to just show up and the fear is defeated. Each time you stand up to your fears your comfort zone is expanded. Try new things. Become a risk-taker. Some may laugh, so what you’re the only one that knows you best. So, when you are in a public-speaking seminar or in front of an audience tell yourself ‘I CAN DO IT!’ You have to make yourself comfortable feeling uncomfortable. With no doubt, I know you will feel nervous and afraid the first time around; but is that a reason to stop doing what you truly love? When you find your true purpose in life and discover your pure talents and gifts focus on them and nothing else. Always have fun doing what you love to do. Become a proactive person. If you want something, DO IT, don’t wait for things to come to you and just suddenly happen; becoming more and more passive. When you become passive, life is nothing. You’re then really just living. So, get out of the stands, and play the game of life!! Like one very wise man once said “Life’s journey is not to arrive in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “WOW… WHAT A RIDE!!!” You, Katielyn are amazing! You have a limitless potential and the Great abilities to achieve and do Great things just like me!

Take every moment
and opportunity you see in
life and simply live it out loud.
Alexander Graham Bell once wrote “When one door closes, another door always opens but we look so long and regretfully at the closed door that we never ever see the one that that once opened for us.” So Katie, take chances never give up and stay determined! You can never dream too big! Become Katielyn, the one person that you’ve always wanted to be. Shine as bright as the sun and dream higher than the sky. Imagine, hope, inspire, admire, and live to the absolute fullest everyday. I know you can do it Katie. If you can dream it you can do it. I promise that you, yourself, WILL do something Great in your life!

Sincerely,

Katielyn

Something I wrote years ago, looking back, it has given me hope and strength to look to the future instead of the past. Look forward and never back, there's a reason why the man put eyes on our face and not on our back. ?