Murphy | Teen Ink

Murphy

March 28, 2011
By writerwill BRONZE, Fowler, Michigan
writerwill BRONZE, Fowler, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Murphy was always a good dog. You could go outside with him and play fetch 24/7. He loved it. Murphy would always obey you and even if he didn’t like it, he would eat anything that fell off the dinner table. He was black and white and had green eyes.
When he was just a puppy he had cancer. We gave him all the treatments and he lived. He had to wear this big bowl on his head so he wouldn’t scratch his nose where the cancer had been. I remember taking him to one of my friend’s houses when he was better. My mom went with me and we had a good time. Everything went back to normal.

Now here we are about 8 years later having to put him down because of cancer. The doctor said it was from the radiation when he had it the first time. We all were really sad and knew this day would have to come. I never thought it would be so bad. My Nana was there too when the day came. She said she was going to cry and walked into the bathroom. I did what she did and went upstairs and cried, too. Then I noticed I wanted to see him one more time before he was gone so I sprinted downstairs and gave him one last look. He looked at me, too. I will always keep that as a memory and reminder that dogs can be the best thing ever. I will never forget him and will never have as good of a dog as him ever again.
When my dad and grandpa left to go to the doctor’s office, me and my mom and my sisters all went on the computer and printed off pictures of Murphy. My mom said we could make a Murphy book out of them. So that is why I am writing this story, because it seems like the right thing to do.