Itsy Bisty Spider

When you’re young you don’t worry about anything besides your baby dolls/ race cars. If you’re a girl especially. For me, It was my baby doll, Julie. That every time you pushed down, her stomach she sang the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” song. I’m pretty sure everyone has learned that lullaby.

When I was about 6 years old I had my baby doll that I would carry everywhere! She came to the bathroom, shower, even grocery store with me. That doll never left my sight. I had the doll for about 1 year but this was the first year when I became obsessed with her. Even my older sister got creeped out on how much I loved the doll.

One day my sister and I came home from school. We were going to be home alone for at least an hour. Our small apartment that we used to live in, had two rooms in the very back and a long hallway that led to the kitchen. I had left my dolly in the hallway for just a couple minutes while I got a quick snack. My sister was very silent and so was I. When we hear my dolly start to sing. “The Itsy Bitsy Spider went up the water spout.” Keep in mind that the doll didn’t sing unless someone pushed down her stomach.

My sister and I raced down the hallway to see if someone has pushed on her stomach...But no one was there.

I was screaming my lungs out while my sister was stabbing her with a blue coloring pencil. I don’t know why but she as. I grabbed that doll and threw her in the garbage. We never found out how the doll started singing by itself. Since that day I never touched another baby doll.