Like OMG We're BFF's! | Teen Ink

Like OMG We're BFF's!

By brittygurl92 GOLD, Glasford, Illinois
brittygurl92 GOLD, Glasford, Illinois

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.
-pablo picasso

Waiting impatiently on the first day of school can be nerve-wrecking. There seems to be a list of worries that travel fifty miles an hour through the tiny head of a four year old preschool child. From a distance in the cornfields, I could see a banana colored box approaching closer and closer towards the yield sign I stood behind. I climbed upon the school bus, pondering on whom I should sit next to. I looked to the second seat to the left, and there was a girl with honey blonde hair up in a pony-tail; a scrunchie complimenting the style back in the day. Jessica Homan was the name of the girl, and in a heartbeat, we became best friends. All throughout our childhood years, the two partners in crime participated in ‘lil’ cheerleaders, girl scouts, and whatever we could get our hands on to be together. Once high school crept up, our involvement with one another got difficult. Different classes were taken and the varieties of extra-curricular activities put an empty space between us. I was heavily involved with sports, music, and art projects, while she kept her schedule busy with student council and church groups. A selection of life lessons have approached us in ways nobody would want to experience. For example, feeling ignored because another person has taken your place of being the best friend. As time goes by, one must realize that we all have different friendship circles. It’s finally our senior year. Jessica and I still have struggles with communication, but we are occupied with school activities, going to work, other friends, and having a special someone by our side. All of this doesn’t mean anything to us. We go through life as it’s presented and there isn’t a moment that passes by that I regret the way events have gone between us. Jess and I are best friends forever and we’re so close that we have conquered as one family. I love Jessica as if she were my biological sister and the best is yet to come in the future for us, whether it happens this weekend or after graduation; she’s only a text message away if we need to re-connect with each other.

on Feb. 9 2012 at 2:02 pm
brittygurl92 GOLD, Glasford, Illinois

-pablo picasso

awww! thank you =] i can remember this day vividly and i cherish her being in my life everyday =] it's always a wonderful thing to have a best friend in your life

mizzmimi1234 said...
on Feb. 8 2012 at 11:57 am
this is really great i have a best friend and the same thing happeneds sometime but at the end of the day she's my bestie...i really like this ;)