The Forest Chapel | Teen Ink

The Forest Chapel

By cs143 BRONZE, Decatur, Georgia
cs143 BRONZE, Decatur, Georgia

1- 4- 3 that mean i love you!

A young girl visit the church that was built by her great grandfather. She was a her favorite place where it was peaceful and beautiful.

Chapter 1: The Forest Chapel
At sunset, I wear my purple dress where it ends above my knee. I wear my hair all down and curly. I grab a bag to put my purple sandals with a purple sunflower on top, a jar, and my bible in the bag. I ran through the wood with my sneaker on. When I got there, it was so beautiful. There was little white church on the other side of the land with colorful flower. There were blue, white, red, pink, purple, and orange flowers. There a little river with waterfall flowing down likes making a big puddle of water. There were trees everywhere except for an open view of the mountain. As I cross the lake, I step on the rocks where it lying across the lake. The water crash into them softly. When I cross over the lake to the other side of the land, I walk through the yellow rock pathway to the footstep of the church. I switch my sneakers to my sandals. As I open the door, I walk in the quiet church. The candles were glowing in each window. There was a row of seat in two sections. This is a family church because my great grandfather was built it. He built it for great grandmother. My great grandma was raise up in church. She was Christian. When she met my great grandfather, he would take her a forest which he had named it Forest Chapel. They had their first date, first kiss, and fell in love at Forest Chapel. One day, my great grandfather decides to build a church and named it after my great grandmother. The named of the church was Rosie-Anna. They got married at the church a few months later. This is why it was my favorite place to come. I pulled my bible out of my bag and began reading it. I read Matthew, Joshua, and David. My favorite verse is psalm 23:1-4. “The lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along the right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.” I also read another favorite verses called the Song of Songs 4:1-7. These verses my grandfather would say to my grandmother all the time. After I done reading the bible, I walk up to the stand and began praying. I prayed for my family, friends, life, and my future. When I was done praying, I touch my cross necklace as I look at the ceiling. I got on the piano and played for a little while. “How great are his signs, how powerful his wonder! His kingdom will last forever, his rule through all generations.” That was Daniel 4:3, the one my mom will always say to me everyday. I smile as I thought about my mom. I was ready to go home. I pack up my things. I blow out the candles in each window. I walk out the door and switch my sandals to my sneakers. While I was switching my shoe, I look at the beautiful night sky. I said the verse in roman 10:19.”The message of god’s creation has gone out to everyone and the words to all worlds.” When I saw the light bugs flying around in front of the church. I grab the jar out of my bag. I open the top jar grab at least three bugs in the jar. I walk through the forest with the light from the light bugs. Then I headed home quietly and peaceful through the night.

I saw this picture that was hang up in my moom room called the Forest Chapel. I had a imagination about me in the picture. The picture seem like it mean something so I decide to make up a story with my imagination about the Forest Chapel.