Raining Puppies | Teen Ink

Raining Puppies

By Philip Neamonitis BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
Philip Neamonitis BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

My eyes slowly opened. The sunlight faded through the darkness and into my eyes. My eyes squinted by the light streaming thorugh the window. I crawled out of bed to see my exhausted friebd on the couch next to me. A sharp pain occurred in my head. I had a bad headache from a late night.
I forced my body to slowly crawl up the stairs. My eyes then set upon my parents who were walking out the door. “Where are you going” I asked “the store” they said “what store” I asked “be back later” and they walked out the door. I found this very curious that they weren’t telling me where they were going. This reminds me of the times that they would go get Christmas presents. They wouldn’t tell you where they were going and they would try to leave before you woke up.
But this is different its early November and they wouldn’t go get them this early. Or would they? But that just wouldn’t make sense. My mind started racing with ideas but I just couldn’t figure it out. Well whatever I just ate some cereal and went on with my day. My friend woke up eventually and went home. I just kind of hug out that day. I watched some TV, did some homework, played some video games and went on the computer. I didn’t even think about where my parents might be.
Soon enough I started to get really bored and I just lay down on the couch. It was almost 3 O’clock when my mom walked in. Before I could say anything she said “go outside” I looked out the window and saw my Dad and he was holding a tiny chocolate lab. It was a new puppy! I instantly had a warm feeling blowup inside me and I bursted into a spring toward him. I took him from my dad and swung him up in the air. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.

I have always had my heart set upon your beautiful magazine. When i read some of your articles i always have a sharp tear in the corner of my eye and my heart will never stop beating with the pure integrity that flows out of your juicy, miraculous book of love. <33