Done With You | Teen Ink

Done With You

Tyler Chapman was his name. With his shaggy, brunette hair, and beautiful aqua eyes. Man did I want him all for myself and me only. He became mine too.
It all started last year in seventh grade. I thought he was the cutest guy ever. Never knowing he liked me too until he told me.

When we first started getting things going; talking and getting to know each other better, he broke up with me. Just like that at a random moment when I’d least expect it.

Tyler asked me back out for the second time and things repeated itself over and over. We finally went on our first date together. Even before we went on our date, (and after that) he would constantly make fun of me for having a flat chest, (which there was nothing I could do about). He was always rude to me, treated me like I was a dog. None of his friends liked me and he even had them torment me too.

I got sick of it. Sick of being his little “pet”, sick of him being mean and rude to me twenty four seven. I did what had to be done. I broke up with him. For the last time.

Even after we had broken up, he longed to be with me again. I answered “No, I did not like the way you were treating me and I am not going through it again.”
He replied “I promise I will never make fun of you again, just pleeeeease go back out with me!”
“I have already told you no, I’m sorry, but you obviously cannot respect my decision.”
Tyler finally quit asking because I guess he understood I would not let another guy do me wrong.

I let him take advantage of me and I accepted way less than I deserve. He will never be truly sorry for the way he was to me. From this experience of dating, I now know that I will know better next time, and I will not settle for anything less than I deserve.