My First Flight | Teen Ink

My First Flight

My first flight was probably the most memorable experiences that I have ever had in my life. It was a lot of fun and it was exiting. It was exiting because it was my first time to ever fly in a normal plane. I had ridden in a sea plane before up in the Adirondacks. That was fun but nothing like this flight. They were both similar in the since that you were in the air but they were both different that in one you had to take off in water and one on a normal runway, one went somewhere and the other didn’t and one held a lot of people. Out of those two I would have to say that I enjoyed the one that went somewhere.

I was so exited for my first flight. I hardly slept the night before but when I finally got to sleep it wasn’t long before I woke up. I woke up at five-thirty and got the dog up. Then I watched sports center until it was time to go. It wasn’t a long flight but it was a lot quicker than driving. It was a gift from my aunt and uncle for my birthday. It was from Albany to Baltimore then to Norfolk where she lived. So the rest of my family wasn’t going to fly down with me. They were going to drive down in a week. We finally arrived at the airport we had to wait for a while for my aunt to get there because she had the tickets. When she got there we handed in our tickets and of course we had to get pictures. Then we said our final good byes before we went through security. Then after that we went and waited at the gate for the plane to leave. They called our number and before I knew it we were on the plane. I had got a window seat just as I had wanted. It was so cool as we were taking off. In about an hour we were landing in Baltimore. In Baltimore we had a two hour layover. In that time we went to Mc. Donald’s and I took a walk around the airport. Then we sat down and waited and waited. Our plane ended up being forty-five minutes late. Then we boarded that one took off and landed in Norfolk. My uncle was waiting there for us. We got our luggage and went to their house where I would spend my vacation.

I have had a lot of memorable times in my life but this was probably one of the most memorable times in my life. It was a ton of fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would much prefer a normal plane over and sea plane. I will never forget it either. I hope to do it again soon.