In the Eyes of Forever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A breeze buzzes in my ears. The sun kisses my shoulders and caresses my face. The sand is like silk on my toes, like tiny grains, like brilliant beads of opal. A distant sea gull squawks, plunges into the emerald bay, and emerges with a perch that flops in the midday sun. I survey the shores as an amiable zephyr brushes the birch trees and whisks through the willows. She sails through the trees, the bushes and shrubs, then whispers in my ears and strokes my nose.

The white-capped waves softly smash onto shore, bearing treasures of sublimity, regal abundance so precious. I crouch in the sand and admire my findings: some pebbles, a clam, and a stick, more or less. Some pebbles, a clam, and a stick more or less! These treasures to me are the epitome of riches, like pearls and diamonds and a great mahogany staff.

Collecting my riches in my hands, young and strong, I observe my surroundings and see that, in the blink of an eye, the day has been swept into the dustpan of the past. The sun, like a great golden disk, descends across the sky to greet me. She shines in my heart and glitters in my hair, now silver with the age I've collected all through my journey.

I reach for my treasures, my hands thin and creased, and smile as I see the memories breaking through the overcast fog of my clouded mind. The memories call to me through a breeze on the beach where I came as a girl, so innocent and young. I whisper to them, “I'm coming, I'm coming!” and lie in the sand, a sheet of serenity. The sun kisses my face, now wrinkled with wisdom, tiny folds that tell stories of a carefree youth. I steal one last look at my lovely Lake Michigan, inhale the sweet air and decide it is time.

wavesofwishes said...
this is amazing...i live on Lake Superior and have gone to Lake Michigan a lot also...you've truly captured everything about its beauty in a way that few could. i love it!

FlashlevitationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wonderful description! It kept me captivated! please, do write more!

kidmick98 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Wow thanks!! I love to write and owe it all to my English teacher, Mrs. Moxie : )

TUSH#1 said...
I was finally able to read all of your work.  It is fabulous!!  You are a great writer.  How about another chapter in The Book of Love?  Thanks for sharing.  Love, Grandma

kidmick98 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I think your work is awesome.I would stay up all night and read it.

- Brie L.

Mike said...
Nov. 1, 2010 at 9:02 am
Your first published piece!  Congratulations.  What a lovely work, full of ideas that stir the imagination! 

yawesome22 said...
Awesome! Lake Michigan is cool, Almost every year I go fishing there. This is sweet

shoelessjoe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Lake michigan is cool!! i've never been fishing in it though. This pice is very sweet GOOD JOB on writing it!!! and congrats that it's your 1st published pice!! =)

thanks! I can't wait for yours to get on!

Ally said...
Oh that is soooooo awesome!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

fitz:) said...
hey great job some pretty heavy vocab in there but it was great I felt like I Was there :) P.S. I tried to give you five stars but I missed cause I am using my ipod

Thanks : )

loretta said...
Oct. 2, 2010 at 9:08 am
Great Poem, it made me feel peacefull.  xoxoxo Love Ya Nana

rmoxie said...
GREAT JOB :) Beautifully done :) I love the full-circle ending by the way *wink, wink*  I think that the mahogany staff is one of my favorite parts! Love It-- Keep it up! xoxox Mrs. Moxie

kidmick98 replied...
Oct. 1, 2010 at 6:55 am
Thank you soo much! Ireally like the part about my hands turning thin and creased with age