Five Years Ago Today | Teen Ink

Five Years Ago Today

Five years ago today I was 8 years old probably playing some game with friends or playing in the snow for days at a time. At that time I was still living in upstate NY I do remember that was the Christmas that my parents told me that we were moving. That was also the year I won a contest for the biggest most complex snow fort. My dad and friends had built it. My life wasn’t going so well knowing that it was my last year to live in upstate NY. I was trying to get all the time I could with friends, snowboarding down the hill and biking. That hill was what we spent most of out time on in the winter. It doesn’t have a name we just called it the hill. Shortly after Christmas we moved into a rental house so we could go back and fourth between states to look for houses. “Only a year left” I saw to myself. My sister Shannon was taking the moving the hardest she loved NY, all her friends and family were there. 5 years ago today I was just a kid.

This piece is a way for me to reflect on what i did five years ago. What i was like five years ago its like "teleporting back in time and reliving everything you did again."