The Case of The Missing Glasses Parts One & Two | Teen Ink

The Case of The Missing Glasses Parts One & Two

By nick101902 BRONZE, Lansing, Michigan
nick101902 BRONZE, Lansing, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Two days before my family trip to Traverse City, I was splashing and sliding with my fellow Summer Theater friends at our end-of-the-year cast party. Pepperoni and cheese pizza in my hand, wrapped in a green and white striped beach towel, I happened to notice my glasses had been stepped on. The glass was not broken, but the sides were way out of whack. I was mad. I had thought I had put them in a safe place, but I was wrong.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

The night before the trip I had talked to my mom on my cell phone in the hallway, it was a nice talk, and then after I was off the phone I had put my phone in my pocket and put my shorts in the washer and had to wash them. Thirty minutes later I had said I needed to get my phone. I had looked a lot of different ways then I decided to call it. Still there was no sign of it. Then I saw Leslie (my cousin), she has a son named Anthony who is a year older than me. They all started looking for the mysterious phone that was missing. Then my dad said just a second. As he walked into the laundry my heart was pounding so hard it felt like it was going to burst out of me. Then he looked into the washer, and in my tan shorts. He found the gray LG® phone. I was so furious that I had lost my phone while taking off my tan shorts.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
We were on our way to Traverse City we passed by big trees major cities in Michigan, and a lot of fast food joints. We were on the road when “my grandmother” Nina said I could use her phone on the trip, her phone was an exact copy of mine. We finally arrived at Motel 6 in Traverse City. The sign on the door said during the night before there had been a flood and they are still drying up. So we checked in the motel and went to the beach. It was 80 degrees out so Anthony and I went swimming.
So we got our swimsuits on and I stuck Nina’s phone in the red ford. Then I took my glasses off, set them on the picnic table. The cool water hit my legs as I entered Lake Michigan the crisp sand trickled through my toes. My cousin Anthony and I talked and caught up. So we packed up everything, and then we decided to shower up and go to Red Lobster.
I took a shower and got out the crispy sand in my feet. I put on some fresh clean clothes. I walked to the car to get my glasses and Nina’s phone. I looked in the back seat, the trunk, and the luggage. The missing glasses “case” was open. Then I started to investigate. I asked my cousin Leslie, my great aunt Sylvia, Nina, and Anthony.
Not a word was said that would give me help to find my missing glasses.

My mom called my temporary phone. I picked up and talked to her about the glasses somewhere on the beach. As the sun set, we went back to the beach to look for the missing glasses. We parked the car and searched. Luckily enough Leslie found them.
I was very happy. I could feel a big smile coming on my face.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

It was day two of our fabulous trip to Traverse City. We Drove to Leelanau Peninsula. We came to another beach and swam. Anthony went to the dollar store, earlier, and bought a squirt gun. I got squirted a lot. The beach was better than the one I went to yesterday. The sand was soft and the water was clear blue. We talked about the day before. As we got out of the water I asked right away
“Where are my glasses?”
“I don’t know” Nina said.
Tears poured down my face. I was very mad. We looked for the glasses again.
Leslie found them AGAIN!!!
After this whole trip ended I learned that you have to take care of things better.

I am still editing it is for a memoir project in school. That i thought everyone would enjoy.