Eyes that Cannot See

They see squiggles and lines, but I see the world

-Kirthi

In my art class, I draw more...wildly and creatively, thinking outside the box and paint images that make the mind wander and think. Ever since the first day, I've been teased about my artwork. The words have always been hurtful, and it made going to Art kind of bad. The people at my table targeted me all the time, no one else but me and this other kid. They laughed and made up horrible stories about me and my artwork, all in front of my face. Sometimes I argued back, and sometimes I stayed quiet, not wanting to make a big deal. I'd say weird, small, emotional quotes that were so emotional that it occasionally shut them up, but still, I knew I was disliked.

Recently, on the water-colored background of my self-portrait, I drew thick brown lines with no branches or leaves. I layered light green over and over, creating blurry texture. behind them It was beautiful, to my eyes but my "friends" laughed at it and said it was "lines, not trees" They brought up a clay failure I made with mixing wrong colored glaze weeks ago, and that ticked me off.

I was silent the entire time, ignoring them, and I thought that they had not as much imagination or creativity as I have. They couldn't see what I could see. They couldn't see the world, the hidden depth, or the meaning in art. They were blind, and I pitied them.

MaKayla1513 said...

Another great piece! Love it!!! :)

I have some new peices out give them a peek when you have a chance, It's Too Late, I should have, Fellings in a Fence, and Last chance

ashleycsy_09 said...
Wow your extremely crafty with words!

Mandy said...

You having artwork that is "different" from other peoples' just means that you think and, as you said, see the world differently from them. They may think that makes them better than you know, but in real life, you'll be the asset in your job field for your unique views on things, while they'll be the interchangable sheep whoms boss might never know their name, and who will be easily replaced.

So don't let them get you down, just keep looking at the positive. (:

Mrs. DeRaps said...
I think that you'll see more and more as you get older that your different approach and way of seeing will allow you opportunities and pathways that will be locked to those who are not open to looking at the world in a variety of ways. Life is so much better when you are comfortable in your own skin and do not feel the need to pick on others because you yourself have a pereceived shortcoming.