I Thought...

I was the average elementary kid just everyone is or has been before.
Now sometimes if you think about it, what was the most commonly asked question by any adult that pasted a look at you. “What do you want to be when you grow up?” I was like any other kid I wanna be a doctor, a vet, an astronaut, or even a firefighter. Oh, and the most popular, I wanna be the president, without knowing how many thing the president has to do. Almost every answer was repeated well what do you expect, when I was that age I didn’t think of jobs like psychologist (that’s my career choice), photographer, or detective.

As kids you go for the long shot, you kind of just pick a job that sounds interesting. These days you actually think about it, “would the job bore me to death?” or “is this really something I can truly put my mind to?” As a kid you didn’t care about that, you kind of maybe thought if I say this my friends will think it’s cool. Didn’t we all just think that way?

So many kids just think I wanna grow, be like the big kids, walk the big halls, ad have people look up to? That’s it. They never think about the big homework that comes with walking the big halls. Never think of being with the big kids as dealing with the big drama. Have people look up to you as having way more responsibilities. They see us as perfect with flawless lives; all we do is have fun. From first look that may seem so but its not. Ever heard things look different than how they really are.

If I could go back in time to every moment someone asked what do you want to be when you grow up? If it was a teacher “Teacher, Teacher I don’t wanna grow up.” Or “But I don’t want to grow up.” As if not growing up was ever choice, only in my dreams

If I could tell one thing to every kid at my old elementary, it would don’t waste you time waiting to become a teenager. Enjoy being a kid because it doesn’t last too long. Once you’re a teenager guess what? You will be getting ready for everything to be thrown at you one by one. If you can handle it, great. If you can’t handle it, you better work your little butt off. So, enjoy being a kid while, still last

DuriChick said...
Aug. 29, 2010 at 3:51 am:
Too true. Now at my age I'm thinking how wonderful it was when I was little. How free you are to do whatever you want. Good work.

Danielerr_Kidd replied...
Sept. 6, 2010 at 5:19 pm :
means a lot thanks