My Truck | Teen Ink

My Truck

March 12, 2010
By Johnson4767 BRONZE, Riverbank, California
Johnson4767 BRONZE, Riverbank, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Since I was a little girl I have always been fascinated with cars and trucks. My grandfather on my dad’s side (who was a mechanic for Ford) was probably the one who taught me the most about trucks but my mom’s side of the family was the one who made me become obsessed with them. My uncles, and even my aunt, have always had big, lifted trucks. So it was only natural for me to get one when I got my license (which I did). My boyfriend, whom I have been with for about two years, is into the fast little sports cars (this is where the cars come in) and was always making fun of me about my truck. It was my baby, I loved everything about it, but with these rough economic times I had to give it up. After selling my truck I decided to get a little fast sports car (the boyfriend had to do a lot of convincing). It was and still is a totally different experience. No more automatic transmission, No more not being able to fit in any kind of drive thru, No more having to make wide turns, and HELLO to little car that can do anything except go four-wheeling, scare all the other little cars, and make my heart truly happy.

The author's comments:
Written in memory of my truck.