He Protects

“God, I don’t know what to do…Please help me.” Little did I know how that one pleading sentence would deliver a much-needed miracle in my life. It began when three, teenage guys showed up knocking at my front door while I relaxed at home alone. In the next 45 minutes, I discovered that sometimes fears become reality and that God never abandons me. From time to time, I get scared and I do not realize the presence of God. I get so caught up in my fears that I fail to observe Him. On that day, I learned that God answers prayers, faith does move mountains, and love never fails.

Soon after my mother left the house, I heard a knock on my door. As I peeked out the window, I observed three, young men outside; so I instinctively called my mom and told her, but minutes later the phone went dead. Within the next moments, these men proceeded to pound on the door by throwing their body weight against it. Frantically, I thought, “They are attempting to break-in.” I locked myself in my parents’ room while thoughts raced through my frazzled mind as the perpetrators continued trying every possible avenue to get in. Picking up the phone again to re-check for a dial tone, I wondered whether or not my neighbors might be at home. In the next instant, I cried out to God as my lifeline and He rescued me.

When the thudding of body against wood ceased and silence filled the air, shock broke over me like a tidal wave. Faith saved me from an encounter with those brutes. I will never know what happened to make the hooligans leave, but I truly believe in a matter of minutes they would have gained access into my residence. A miracle occurred in my life, and why? Because of my trust in God, I believed He could move mountains, and in that instant, my life depended upon that unfailing truth. Matthew 21:21 says, “Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.” The Bible itself clearly states that faith, without doubt, is a prevailing power. Those words echo my faith and my belief in God, for He loves me.

Romans 8:38-39 teaches us that nothing can keep us from God’s love. His love moves deeper, wider, longer, and higher than I will ever fathom. This same affection protected me on that day. His ultimate love fell so greatly upon me that nothing held Him back when I called out. God’s devotion demonstrates His amazing love and He always addresses the needs of His children who seek Him. Because of His unselfish love, He responded when I cried out to Him. God’s love knows no boundaries and never ends. His love surpasses all comprehension.

When I ponder prayer, faith, and God’s love, I feel overwhelmed. Through this experience, I learned the power of prayer. I know that God never leaves me and that faith accomplishes extraordinary things. Miraculously, I have experienced God’s love on my behalf in an unimaginable way, and it never ceases to amaze me. Even through the hardest times, God always provides and answers. God always come through and saves me when I need Him.

PadmeAmidala said...
Beautiful story! I feel like God is always watching over me, to the point where nothing exciting ever happens! But seriously I'm thankful for it, haha :)

Odessa_Sterling00 said...
I love this.  My parents like playing golf so they have their golf bags out downstairs and anytime I feel afraid of people breaking in and stuff, I just grab an iron (golf club) and I walk around like a soldier.  God and golf clubs go hand in hand.

PadmeAmidala replied...

Odessa_Sterling00:

This is a great story,. Thankfully I have never been put in a position like this. I've always felt like God is determined not to let anything bad happen to me, even if I feel like it would be an exciting story later. :)

I hate to go about it like this, but since I cannot respond to your comment on my writing, I shall post here. As a fellow believer, I feel you may be more inclined to listen to what I have to say:

It is a narrative of the p... (more »)