Catastrophic on the Billboard | Teen Ink

Catastrophic on the Billboard

By xodistantdreamerxo BRONZE, South Jersey, New Jersey
xodistantdreamerxo BRONZE, South Jersey, New Jersey

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

Atop a dirt-stained, off-white, and chipped billboard ledge, lays a porcelain skinned girl that has been shattered, as if she were a real doll. Her wild curls of chocolate are untamed and messy due to the lack of care. In unsuitable clothing and barefoot she dashed here through briars and thorns. Her world, or more so, what remained of her world, has been stolen from her. She is hopelessly but helplessly trapped in the labyrinth or what is more commonly referred to as “love”. Her molested and maltreated mind can’t help but reminisce and flashback to the pain wrenching memories experienced with the missing pieces of her heart at this personally historic landmark.

The wind vehemently whips and snaps every last object it can clutch with its icy hands. Mimicking the wind as a natural reaction, her limbs twist and intertwine into what could be mistaken as a human ball from the shrill roar of the cars speeding down the highway. Loneliness, abandonment, and panic violently overwhelm her tear ducts, which within one blink are filled with salty crystals. Her tears are parallel to the mysterious midnight veil which made up the sky that equivalently released bitter moisture droplets. Shadows are painted around her eyes from the mascara and eye liner she applied knowing it would be wasted. Her chiseled; now transformed into crimson face and tangled body are submerged like a submarine ten of thousands of miles under the sea. The sound she witnesses next, she could not believe has been released from her own petite and imperfect body; a blood curdling screech that left her own ears ringing and penetrated the silence of the distant dogs snarling in the background.

The piercing of her wounded heart continues with every heave of her chest as she pants for an inhalation of the damp oxygen. Without thought, her quivering hands seize her chest; almost as if she was trying to prevent the final grains of sand that make up the remainder of her heart, from slipping away. An aggressive tremor overcomes her body. She has lost control of her own bodily movements because of the scars this reminiscent place bears. Each one slashes into her mind, soul, and heart more deeply ever single solitary second she is here. She stays not because she is addicted to the pain, nor because she waits for him here; but because, reliving the anguishing remembrance is superior, in her mind, to forgetting it.

Ambie BRONZE said...
on Mar. 6 2010 at 12:50 pm
Ambie BRONZE, Millville, Pennsylvania

"If it can be dreamed, it can be done."

You're welcome!!! Thanks!!!

on Mar. 5 2010 at 7:00 pm

Aw, thank you so much! (:

on Mar. 5 2010 at 6:56 pm
Nikiblue PLATINUM, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

"Stupid Is As Stupid Does." -Forest Gump (;
"No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude."

Very detailed and written very well. Great job, you definitely have some good talent (:

on Mar. 5 2010 at 7:39 am

Hm, to be totally honest I've never really thought of continuing it anymore than this single memoir. However, I may take that idea because it really is a fabulous one!

on Mar. 4 2010 at 8:15 pm
Just.A.Dream SILVER, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

Part of the J7X team. :)

No problem. :)

Are you going to go on with that in the next chapter?

I love that idea!

on Mar. 4 2010 at 6:19 pm

Thank you! Also, I've read some of your writings and posted a comment on "Night Watch". The writing is amazingly catchy keep it up! (:

on Mar. 4 2010 at 6:12 pm

Thanks so much, feedback especially specific feedback means very much to me. To answer your question, her heart was broken by the ONLY person she had ever trusted. However, she hasn't let the shatters hold her back. She has become stronger than it, she has used the pain and the suffering to her advantage.

on Mar. 4 2010 at 6:06 pm

Thank you so much! I'm reading your review right now (:

Ambie BRONZE said...
on Mar. 4 2010 at 12:44 pm
Ambie BRONZE, Millville, Pennsylvania

"If it can be dreamed, it can be done."

I like it!!! I LOVE the detail!!! Can you guys check out my review on a Movie review called, "The Mist?"

on Mar. 4 2010 at 10:33 am

Part of the J7X team. :)

It's very good, good job. :)

I like how much detail it went to, you could just imagine it.

But, what broke her heart?

on Mar. 4 2010 at 9:15 am
thescientistyellow GOLD, Nauvoo, Alabama

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

Amazing detail!! I like it a lot...

on Mar. 4 2010 at 7:48 am

Hey everyone! This is a piece of work that I'm very proud of and I just ask if you view it to please leave feedback. Thanks so much! (: