To Be Yourself

-Being Yourself-

I like to be uncommon, because then people can’t forget me =) I mean, what’s the point of making a good impression…if your not being you? I’ve tried to fit in…to “stick to the status quo” and it doesn’t work…cause that’s not me…I’m not the crowd pleaser, the person who wants everyone to like them…I’m just there to have fun and not worry about other peoples thoughts about me. I can’t stand pretending to be something I’m not..to always be confined to a certain attitude or personality that I know others like. I have a ton of friends, and they love me for my wild, insane, and often weird and stupid (:P) personality. But that’s who I am, and when/if I act differently, the sunshine leaves my face and I’m just the girl in the corner with her hands in her pocket trying to fit in. so be yourself…cause if someone doesn’t like it…their probably not gonna be a good friend anyway and they’ve got a problem that has nothing to do with you :D God made us to love and be loved. Unless we chose to be the person he made us to be, we fall short of the full capability of loving.

———

Lately I’m so tired of waiting for you
To say that it’s OK, tell me please
Would you one time,
Let Me Be Myself
So i can shine,
with my own light
Let Me Be Myself,
For a while
If you don’t mind,
Let Me Be Myself
So i can shine,
with my own light
Let Me Be Myself

————

love_laugh_dream_24 said...
That's a great story. Many people can't be themselves when they are in big crowds.