Emmie. An innocent soul.

I was at school, I had arrived early. I talked to my friends, and then the unthinkable happened. My best friend was in a car accident. And her sister was dead. Instantly, questions, thoughts, tears and feelings flooded me. Emmie, little Emmie, was gone. I wanted to break down crying. But instead, I instantly feared the worst. "And Lara? What about Mia and Danny?? Are they okay? How'd it happen?" And the answers were more elusive than I thought possible. We knew nothing. Except that Emmie was gone. Instantly, I began praying. "Yitgadal, v'yitkadash sh'mei raba...." May her soul be guarded and kept safe from those who wish it harm, I thought. Why? Why her? Why now? Why Emmie??? Why not someone else, someone older? Why not someone...... someone like me? I mean, she was eight. I'm 12. It might not seem that much of a difference to you, but it means the world to me. I would give my life for hers in an instant. If I could.
But I can't. And now she's gone. Forever.

Sab :) said...

Oh my gosh, that's terrible. To think that someone so young was taken from your life so early is horrible, and I will pray for you, this little girl, and her family. At eight, or even now, I don't want to think about these kind of things, but the sad truth is that they are possible, and hard to prevent. Once again, I am so sorry, and I will think of her often.

<<<sab>>>

astheworldturns replied...
Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:56 pm :
Thank you so much. It really warms my heart.

Laughternchoclate said...
Mar. 3, 2010 at 4:04 pm:
Oh my god. That's just awful. Completely and totally and absolutley terrible... VERY recent. And she was only eight?
Know you'll be in my prayers. Do they know the cause of death yet?
And how is your best friend?

astheworldturns replied...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 6:47 am :
I still haven't heard COD, but I'm sure the family knows. From what I know, it was probably bluntforce trauma. Hopefully she died instantly and didn't feel anything. She seems alright, but we're all still worried about her. Thank you.