Our Beautiful World

I felt a cold rush swoop over me as I dove into the freezing water. Coming back up to the surface I felt the warm rays from the sun hit my face. I looked up to see other members of the boat dive into the water. Then I looked down to see the red and orange coral, the sight was amazing. The deep indents on the coral made from years of waves bashing the huge rock. As I was looking at the bright, beautiful coral I saw an even brighter fish! A few swam by, then out of nowhere I was being pounded by a school of blue and yellow fish. Everywhere I looked, all I saw were fish! I stuck my head out into the golden sun again. The warm rays seemed to thaw out my frozen neck. But before I could enjoy all of it I heard a scream.

Earlier that morning I woke up to a scream. “Come on David!” yelled my mom. She was soon joined in chorus by the rest of my family, except the song wasn’t as beautiful as you might think. Daniel, my little brother, jumped on the bed. He started jumping, gaining momentum. On his third jump he shot straight towards me.
“Ok I’m up, I’m up!” As quickly as possible, I got dressed and then bolted out of the door, trying to catch up to my family, who had already started walking to the beach. “Sorry, sorry, sorry,” were the only words I said as I weaved my way through the crowd of people heading for the beach.

Then I saw my family. A feeling of hope consumed me and I sprinted though the sand. “Mom!” I yelled, “Why didn’t you wait?” She replied with a grunt as everyone loaded onto the boat.

“Your sleep habits won’t ruin our vacation.” she said.

A few minutes later, the boat was off and we were cutting through the icy blue water. A huge wave crashed against the boat and everyone yelled all at once. It came and drilled me squarely in the face!

“See, told you that you wouldn’t need to shower,” Daniel yelled. His sarcastic comments making everyone laugh. But we were almost to destination, so the laughs were cut short.

“You’re up!” shouted the tour guide as he looked at me. I was the first one to dive into the water. I was soon followed by the rest of the members of the boat. The water was cold, but the warm, yellow sun set everything straight. As I looked down, I saw fish and coral. I went back to the surface only to hear a screech coming from Daniel! Was he in trouble? No just the opposite, he had found one of the coolest animals I’d ever seen! A small sea turtle about the size of a dinner plate, I swam over to it. In fact, everyone did. I wondered why Daniel couldn’t have just told me, then we wouldn’t have to deal with the mad rush to see the cute little turtle. After the little green turtle swam away, I went back to looking at colorful fish and starfish. I even saw a bright blue eel!

As all things do, the trip came to an end. I hopped back into the boat and we started our ride back to the resort. A great day had come to an end. I had seen how beautiful the world can be, and I wasn’t going to ever forget it.

jasmin101 said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 9:22 am

i love the descriptions alote

hey would you mind checking ( in love dusk )

JewlesLove784 said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 11:02 am
I love to snorkel/ Scuba dive. I find it really really fun. This was a great piece.

big12 said...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 7:10 am
Beautiful work good sir, just heart felt

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 7:15 am
That sounds like a lot of fun! I've always wondered what scuba diving is like.

number8 replied...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 7:14 am
Thanks for commenting :)