Memoirs Of Paige | Teen Ink

Memoirs Of Paige

By Paige Johnson BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Paige Johnson BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

My youngest memory starts back from when I was only three years of age. I was joyfully playing on my rocking chair. I was gracefully rocking back and forth full force, as I always do. But on this particular day things definitely turned different. This day was one of the most painful and gruesome times of my life. I thought it was all fun and games until the rocking chair decided to show me a different side of itself on this day. As I rocked I lost my footing in the chair and fell forward against a nail that had popped out of the chair. It went straight through my tongue. That was scars that will be with me to I leave this earth. My mom swept me off my feet so quickly. She was disturbed by all of the blood running down my precious face. She then started on our trip to the hospital. When we got treated the doctor had to give me stitches. I surely learned my lesson that day.

At that point in my life I lived in front of a Grammar School. I stayed with my mom and dad in an apartment on the third floor. My grandmother, which is my dad’s mom lived with us also. She use to scare the crap out of me all the time. It wasn’t that she tried to, but I was young and just I always sort of feared her. God rest her soul she isn’t living now. But she was a somewhat good grandmother even though we didn’t communicate like we should have. Then there was my cousin who stayed in the apartment under us. As children he would always try to scare the living day lights out of me. He had this werewolf mask that he would wear. His name is Deandre, and he would wait until I was content and unaware of his nonsense just to jump out of my closet and scare me. I hated that dumb mask to the bottom of my heart.

This is just things that happen sometimes in life and were big parts of my life.