It's New years, Lets plan! | Teen Ink

It's New years, Lets plan!

By Darlalinda GOLD, Hagatna, Other
Darlalinda GOLD, Hagatna, Other

"If you think it's time to let go, just let go. For there is no point in looking back at what you have lost. For the road of life was never meant to be travel backwards."

A Start of the New year is always a start of something new. Well I thought I would be starting another adventure with my beloved buddy, Germy, for the new year. But unfortunately God had other plans for us. On Friday, January 1, 2010, my extended my family were going to celebrate the new years and Christmas (We extended our Christmas to New Years). It was hot and sunny and everyone were busy cooking and preparing. Germy and some other guys came over to help. I was glad to see him, because I hardly see him during the Christmas break also I was also glad to see him, because he just came in from Hawai'i one month ago. He kept bugging me about fixing his myspace and I did. Party time came and we had so much fun laughing and teasing each other. When it was time to go, I was for sure that I would see him again. Unfortunately, Sunday morning came and so did the news about Germy. He hit a power pole Saturday night and was placed under Life support. I couldn't think. I was afraid and shocked! He's only 23! How can that be?! Later that Sunday morning, a call came from Germy's father saying that Germy has gone to be with the Lord. I sat down and thought about the great memories we had together and how I got really annoyed from his so called "Oh my Darling" song (which I am going to miss very much). My heart was really broken for him and his family, I didn't even realize I was crying. All I can say is that, whatever our plans were for this year, I'm still going to continue it. I just wish Germy was here to share it with. He was so much fun to be around with. He always had the laughs that kept me smiling. I still miss him and every time I thought about him and I just want to crumple up and cry. After losing my best friend, I learned that it does not matter how old or where you're at, God can take away your life if he wanted to. My New years resolution for 2010 is Cherish the moments with my friends and families. Capture the moments Kodak missed and enjoy every single day that passes by, because you'll never know when God decides to take you away and those you love the most. So be ready, Life is short.

I wanted to write this, so others can see that it does not matter how old you are, God can still take away your life. Also losing Germy this year really impacted me and I learned that if I don't cherish everyone minute with the ones I love, I am going to lose out on them.