pranksgiving | Teen Ink

pranksgiving

By giantsfan07 BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
giantsfan07 BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

Tables lined with pies, crisps, jellies, and jams. Children sprinted and sliding on the hardwood floor, the squeaks of their feet echoing throughout the house. The hungering smell of turkey draws crowds of relatives to its premise. The boisterous arguments of my grandpa ring through the dining room. Cheers of touchdown boom from the living room. It’s unmistakable its thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving has always been a memorable holiday in my family but my most memorable thanksgiving memory takes place three years ago; my aunt after dating for a couple months decided to bring her boyfriend to meet the family. This was a mistake she would later regret.

“Get out of the kitchen” My mom screams at me as I sulk out of the room. I was going stir crazy, I couldn’t wait for my cousins to arrive I hadn’t seen some of them in over a year. I was getting in everyone in my family way trying to pass the time. I had already been kicked out of my sister’s room and my dad’s office where he was trying to get some last minute work done. I tried to sit down and watch TV but every commercial I found myself pacing the room. I raced to the window every time I heard a car drive by. The hours painfully dragged by. Suddenly the slap of a car door shutting reverberated in my ear, thanks giving had arrived.

I was greeted at the door by a blast of hellos, happy thanks giving and the ever so pleasant smell of warm apple pie. Over the next half hour all twenty two of my cousins arrived. When everyone was present we went to the family room Were we decided to dig through old toys. We dumped the toy chest on its side and started to dig the toys, within seconds there were toys everywhere.
Suddenly a fart rings across the room. Everyone is stunned, everyone that is but one of my cousins Andrew who was laughing so much that he practically crying. Then I saw it sitting at his feet it was an old fart machine that had been given to me. Or young minds began to turn over ideas; we had without a word agreed that no matter what happened somebody was going to get pranked. Ideas filled up our heads like helium fills up a balloon, before long our heads were ready to pop.
Then all at once the pieces fell into place the boyfriend, his chair, and the fart machine. It was going to be the best “pranksgiving” ever. We scurried around the house gathering everything we needed; batteries, tape and after a glance at the nametags we knew where we had to go.
We snuck down the stairs as quietly as we could then with our backs to the wall we inched into the dining room. We as discreetly as we could walked into the dining room and dragged the chair out of view. My cousin flipped the chair and with a little bit of tape the fart machine was attached to the chair. The stage was set all we needed to do now was wait.
“Food” yelled my grandpa screamed bringing everyone to the table. Every single kid was jumping out of their socks with anticipation, all of the adults couldn’t figure out why we were so exited but every kid did. We rushed through the buffet grabbing turkey, ham and potatoes and trying to get the adults to go faster.
Finally everyone was sitting down, it was time. All of the children sat together in the breakfast nock, my cousin Willy was the closest to the adult table and because we didn’t know the range of the clicker he got to press the button. The first time he pressed it we didn’t know what to expect but we were not disappointed. His face flushed bright red it looked like he had just come inside from a cold winter day. He leaned towards his plate trying to use it to hide his face but all he ended up doing was drawing more attention to himself. No one else had heard the fart so when his face turned red and he ducked into his plate everyone looked at him like he was crazy.
That thanksgiving will always hold a special place in my mind as the oldest truly funny memory I have and I will never be able to forget that pranksgiving.

this is the true story of my best thanksgiving. i hope this memoir will make you laugh as much as i did thatthanksgiving

disgusted said...
on Mar. 16 2010 at 9:57 am
This was a cruel trick to play on a stranger who was probably overwhelmed already by the numbers of your family, and just wanted to make a good impression. You are a thoughtless cruel child and so are your cousins.

amandamomof5 said...
on Mar. 15 2010 at 7:59 am
Great writing Bobby! Keep it up!