taking back time | Teen Ink

taking back time

By jeffylikesapples BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
jeffylikesapples BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

PRUNE CANDY

Have you ever regretted something you’ve done or said? I know I have, and for this one I wish I could take back time.
I and my sister were like Oreo’s and milk, we were perfect together. We loved each other so much, we went everywhere together, and anything that was possible was done by my sister and me. My sister never wanted to leave me and I never wanted to leave her, but one thing wrong and it was never the same.
It was a very hot day and my sister and I had just gotten out of school and were heading home, I asked my mom if she could take me to the store to get me a drink because it was so hot that day. My sister on the other hand wasn’t thirsty at all. So we got home and started doing our homework, when suddenly my sister asked if she could have a drink of my fruit punch, and I said, “No you could have gotten one at the store.” My sister thought because she was older than me she could do whatever she wanted so she went to the refrigerator grabbed my drink and drank it all before I could even react. Suddenly I felt this jolt of deep anger, so I ran at her and “CHOMP!’ bit her right on the arm. She started crying and told my mom, I thought to myself “what have I done?!” Right then as soon as I was done biting her I stopped and was frozen solid just depleting myself mentally and felt a deep deep feeling of regret.
After I got in a lot of trouble we had to take my sister to get a shot because when I bit her I pierced her skin. Ever since me and my sister have never gotten a long as well as we used to as little kids so if there would be one thing I could take back it would be biting my sister. That’s the one thing that I regret.

Very true