Wishing, Wanting, but Cannot Having | Teen Ink

Wishing, Wanting, but Cannot Having

By Haleigh SILVER, Springfield, Illinois
Haleigh SILVER, Springfield, Illinois

Sometimes life throws you things you wouldn't expect. Most people wouldn't expect to have an anorexic cousin, two friends cutting themselves, and one friend try to committ suicide.
Most people shun these types of people, but i embrace them because that is the only way to save them. I've dealt with so many demons in this past year that i too, had once considered suicide but ruled it out automatically because i want to discover what this life has to offer.
My friends who have tried to committ suicide or cut themselves to take away the pain for only a little while, or the ones who starve themselves to make them feel equal to their peers know that they always have me.
Im the one they can come to when they need a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to because no one else seems to get them.
We need to protect these people because they are humans also. They need love, just like the rest of us, to survive in this world.
Instead they are pushed aside, because to others, they are flaws

I would like you all to know that i have and probably will again deal with this but all the people in this have gotten help and are on their way to recovery. I love every single one of them unconditionally.

on Aug. 9 2011 at 5:13 pm
secrets_of_silence GOLD, Gisborne, Other

life had i loved the more
had it but passed away
as quietly as the day
ebbs from the darkening star.

-emanuel litvinoff

this is so true its almost like anything thats not "normal" is pushed aside.....when all thats needed is a hug and a bar of chocolate or just someone to cry with you. i think its tragic that this world doesn't acknowlege that peoples differences make them stronger

Haleigh SILVER said...
on Dec. 2 2009 at 6:37 pm
Haleigh SILVER, Springfield, Illinois
Hey Carson-how do you look at someone elses work? lol im lost

Haleigh SILVER said...
on Dec. 2 2009 at 6:30 pm
Haleigh SILVER, Springfield, Illinois
I hope so and thanks! I can't wait to see what you have written!

on Dec. 2 2009 at 5:51 pm
CarsonGooch BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -Professor Dumbledore

Yeah, it is hard. But at least that you're giving them the comfort that they need, when they get out of the messes that they're in I'm sure that they'll remember everything you did for them, and they'll pay you back for it. I'm going to be an author also too, so I'll check out your work also and you can check out mine if you want! Haha.

Haleigh SILVER said...
on Dec. 2 2009 at 3:55 pm
Haleigh SILVER, Springfield, Illinois
Thanks...its been really hard but I've helped them by just being there for them...im going to be an author so check out my other work if you want

on Dec. 2 2009 at 3:48 pm
CarsonGooch BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona

Wow, this is really good. I understand how this feels...