How to Know when Your Older Sister is Drifting away from You | Teen Ink

How to Know when Your Older Sister is Drifting away from You

October 25, 2009
By Anonymous

Right know I am staring up at the computer screen. My fallen tears dot the keys. It seems impossible, because I can't find the right words to say. This is how you know when your sister is being stolen away from you.

You sit in the room across the hall. She doesn't know but you can hear every word. But most importantly you can hear every tear. All of those tears shed for HIM. You hear those tears, knowing there is nothing you can do. No matter what, you feel helpless. Wondering is all you can seem to do. What happened this time? Another thing he blamed on her. She has no idea, but every tear hurts you. Every tear is like a searing blade running across you skin. You feel her pain plus yours, but there is nothing you can do.

Then, you wake up in the early morning. You walk into her bedroom, the sun luminates the made bed. It just makes it worse, because it seems like she was never there. Quickly and silently you walk over to the drawer. The hiding spot of all her feelings. You know it is wrong, but this makes you feel closer to her. Finally, you pull out the diary. The words are smudged because of the tears from the earlier night. You read the words, the new fight. Helplessly, you glide the diary back into the drawer. Her boyfriend and her will stay together, you know it, because your sister is weak, and she is scared. You feel defeated.

Next, You find the lies. The small lies, that build into the towers you cant escape. She lies about where she was, and who she was with. she lies about the late night phone calls, and the early texts. Your parents know, but that justs makes more lies to come from her mouth. Around eight o'clock you curl up in the covers, and cower in the darkness when you hear the the newest fight. Only this time instead of between her and her boyfriend, it is between her and your parents. Now you can't escape it, every night you hear the tears, every morning you hear your parnets debating what they should do. Durning dinner, you hear them all argue. School is your only hiding place, but the words still echo through you head.

Now, your sister goes to college. Of course, it is the same one that HE goes to. You go to visit her. You notice the blur in her eyes, how distant she is. Only you notice, and your family and yourself go home the same day. When you hear she is coming to visit, you can't help but be excited. When you see her, you give her the biggest hug ever. You spend one night with her, only about four hours. You go out. When you come home around eleven o'clock, you hear that HE is here too, and that she is going to see him, She goes out that same night. The door creaks open around four o'clock am. That day she sleeps till noon, then goes out with HIM again. When she leaves to go back to college you hug her, and tell her how much you love her. When she is gone you walk away and cry were no one can see you. She has been stolen from the ones she should love. She is gone, forever.


The author's comments:
This is true. It happened to me and I don't want it to happen to anyone else. You can do something about, don't be like me and just sit back and watch. It really isn't worth it.