A Memory of Him | Teen Ink

A Memory of Him

By MimiBelle BRONZE, Brockton, Massachusetts
MimiBelle BRONZE, Brockton, Massachusetts

"I don't wanna be the girl who has to feel the silence... The quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth."
-Pink - Sober

I am going to tell you a story. A story of someone that meant everything to me. His name was Jaime and he was my Uncle. We had everything in common and I was his only niece. We did everything together.

He was the apple of my eye. The piece of my heart that was always strong. He was everything to me and I was everything to him. He was always there for me growing up. The night I got the news of his death it felt like my entire world had just crumbled at me feet.

It had to be around 2 o'clock in the morning when my father came into my bedroom were I was woken by his sobs. I crawled over to him and sat on his lap. I asked him what was wrong and that was when he told me what happened. A tear rolled down my eye and that's when I clung to his shirt and started crying.

One night he was driving with an unopened beer bottle next to him. As he was driving he happened to drive by a police officer sitting at an intersection. When he saw the police officer he got scared and let go of the wheel. He tried to hide the unopened beer bottle that was sitting next to him. While he was busy trying to hide the beer bottle his car started to slide to the side and he hit a tree. From what I heard he died on impact.

About 2 or 3 days after we found out he crashed and died we had the funeral. At the funeral everyone was crying. I saw my dad kneeling down next to the gravestone crying as well. I walked over to him and hugged him, as I hugged him I started to cry too. I think it effected me the most because I was very close to him.

When we came home from the funeral I went straight to my room. I stayed in my room for 3 days. I was so upset that he had died. For the longest time I thought it was my fault that he died. When I finally came out of my room I told my dad that I tried stopping him that night, I wanted him to stay with me and play some games with me. When my dad heard the story he knelt down next to me and told me that it wasn't my fault and that it was his time to go. I didn't want to hear him say that but as I got older I realized that it is true.

I have to say that things aren't the same without him around but I manage to get through the days and nights without him. When ever I needed him he was there but now he is no longer around to help me. I sometimes feel like he left me behind but in my heart I know that he didn't fully leave me.

The apple of my eye is gone. The piece of my heart that was strong is no longer there. The person that meant the most to me is no longer around to pick me up when I am down. He is no longer there to lift my sorrows. He can no longer see me grow up and go through the years with me. He didn't see me go through elementary school, wasn't there to see me go through middle school, wasn't there to see me go through high school, isn't here to see me graduate high school, and won't be there to see me go off to college. But I know that if he was still here he would be proud of me beyond belief.

rctriple6 said...
on Mar. 29 2010 at 9:28 am

Thank you so very much I apperciate that there are still some good people in this world. The last comment I got on this artickle the person said "ha ha he died" and that made me feel like I shouldn't have posted this on here but now that I know there are still good people like you out there I feel so much better.

Thank you

Mimi Tansey

Bethani GOLD said...
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is perfect until you sit back and realize how boring it is without risks.

im sorry for your loss :(