Five Day Romance | Teen Ink

Five Day Romance

By deathrose76 BRONZE, Centralia, Washington
deathrose76 BRONZE, Centralia, Washington

It was completely amazing and seemed unreal. In less than a week, I felt as if I had been whisked away into my fairytale where I belong. For only five days, romance had brought me the happiness I've always wanted, but all of it had ended on the sixth day. Everything was crushed. Sadness and despair took me over, and my knowledge of true happiness disappeared when he was gone. Now, I only act to make my friends proud of me, to not make them worry. Even if he's gone and away, never to return to me again, I will always still think of him. At night and in day. I will forever think of a true love I had in my grasp, but let slip away too soon.

What inspired me to do this article was something that really did happen in my life. In the early summer of this year, 2009, I had a romance that lasted five days. On the sixth day, he was gone. We no longer had a romance, and I no longer felt the happiness that seemed so true to me. Even if it was probably the worst thing to happen, I still move on to this day.