My Most Important Relationship | Teen Ink

My Most Important Relationship

October 14, 2009
By ldonohoe BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
ldonohoe BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My most important relationship began before I was even born. Nine months before I was born to be exact. The day she found out she was pregnant, my mother began taking care of me. She kept me healthy before she even knew me. She ate right, didn't smoke, didn't drink. After I was born, my mom did everything for me because I couldn't She bathed me, fed me, entertained me, taught me, and so much more. My mom is a good person and I'm so glad I'm lucky enough to call her my mom. She has put up with my teenage moodswings and my dramatic temper tantrums. She has always taught me right from wrong and has been there to redirect me when I mistakenly choose the wrong path. We may butt heads a lot but what mother and daughter don't exchange harsh words at least once a week? She probably doesn't know it but our relationship is very important to me. I know she is always in my corner and I don't know what I would do without her on my side. From the times in elementary school when I'd come home crying because I'd been made fun of to when I need her to excuse me from class because my first real boyfriend broke up with me and I can't stop crying. She has always been there for me. She keeps my head screwed on tight. She is so strong. She has been to hell and back but still she is going strong. She doesn't let the little things get her down and I wish I had inherited that from her. I love my mom.