Teen Pregnancy | Teen Ink

Teen Pregnancy

By Mandie102908 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
Mandie102908 BRONZE, Austin, Texas

Everything happens for a reason(:

Teen pregnancy happens to be very common in Texas. As For Me I’m One of those teen moms. Not only is having a baby at a young age hard physical, its also hard emotional. Teens should really start to think twice before they want to have unprotected sex cause the outcome can be life changing!
I had my son Ryann when I was 14 years old. I went to the doctors cause I had a swore throat come to find out I was 19 in a half weeks pregnant. I didn’t no what I was going to do I was so scared I felt like my life was over and I new I had disappointed my parent. Later that day when we got home I sat down with my parents and talked about adoption. Later that night my family and I decided adoption would be for the best cause I was so young and I had my whole life ahead of me. I to go meet my obgyn at 5 months and found out I was having a little boy. When I was about six in a half months pregnant I had told my parents I had grown emotionally attached to the baby and I didn’t think adoption would work out for me. They had informed me that they had been thinking about it too and they also thought we should keep him.
When I Informed the father I was pregnant he denied it was his baby and I haven’t talked to him since. He doesn’t do anything to help me or pay child support. He knows its his baby cause it was the first time I had sex and I got pregnant. Having a baby at such a young age is very hard for me. I had to pretty much give up my teenage years and miss out on a lot of things my friends are doing. But really in the long run it has really changed me for the better. I have matured so much over the past eleven months. I never thought I would be the one to get pregnant at a young age.
Telling my family about it was very hard cause they had always looked at me as the good child and I was so upset about having to tell them cause I didn’t want to disappoint them. I also didn’t want any of them to disown me or look down on me for it, but things turned out a lot better then what I had thought. My family was very accepting of it and my grandparents were very excited to have a prew boy cause there is only one other one my little cousin josh. It felt so good to have the love and support of my family. They ended up throwing me a very big baby shower. Ryann didn’t even need his dad he has so much love and support from him family.
Ryann is eleven months now and he is doing amazing. He will be one year on October 29 he will get to go trick or treating this year. He has two teeth and can say five or six works and started walking at nine months. It does get hard at times not having his dad around cause I think wow I’m at home with a baby when I could be out having fun with friends and he’s out having a good time not having a care about his baby. Then I think I did the right thing by stepping up and taking responsibly. I have so much love and support from my family it takes place for not having his dad around! I may be a young mom but I’m a very good one and I love my baby with all my heart. I do wish I would have waited to have babies but I wouldn’t change my life for anything! My little boy is my everything! Mandie prew

pokewickgirl said...
pokewickgirl,
you did the right thing! ;)

on Aug. 27 2012 at 11:44 am
You'r such a good person for not giving up your child up even tho your a teen but you hanndled it so well and telling your pearents had to of been rough for you trust me ik the hole concept lol I hope your doing good!!(:

dgreen24 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
This story is very sad and any teen could live with that

blueandorange GOLD, Jeffersonville, Indiana
That is just plain MEAN.  It's HER DECISION!

onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia
Should have had the adoption.

on Dec. 11 2010 at 11:27 am
CatherineK SILVER, Omaha, Nebraska

“In all things it is better to hope than to despair”

I'm glad you and Ryann are doing so well. There were quite a few mistakes but that's fine. I don't know what the laws are in Texas, but where I live you can take the dad to court to make him pay child support. He should take responsibility too.

MaryTD PLATINUM, Burns, Oregon

"To be great you must first be good."

"I'm not going to stay dead the rest of my life!" - Theo in The Kestrel

I don't know what to say about this, but I will say this: I don't know you or your baby, but i'm glad you chose to have him and i'm glad he's doing well. Please give him lots of love.

king coop said...
im so proud of u and wish the the best for u and the fam. if u ever need anything u no my location and number. i know every one is verry proud. just wanted to drop by and say i love u and u are in my prayers. hope to see u and ryann soon bye

on Oct. 11 2009 at 9:00 am
Through tears I type this short message. Mandie is a good mother as well as a typical teenager. One minute an angel, the next a bundle of energy and excitment. All that considered, she is a wonderful mother of baby Ryann who, I might add, is also a bundle of energy himself and non-stop action. While teen pregnacy should be avoided at all cost, loving the babies is paramount. They deserve all the love in the world. Sign me a proud Great Grandfather who loves my grand daughter and my great grandson.

Dprew said...
on Oct. 11 2009 at 8:40 am
It is a very big sacerfice to give up your childhood to raise a child. While all your friends are at dances and parties you are at home with your baby. When your baby gets sick at night and you have to stay up with him yet still go to school the next day. To hold your head up high when people at school say bad things about you and your baby. To worry each day that you are making the right choices for your baby. A women can have a baby but only a mom will know its love. I know this teen has did all this cause I am the PROUD grandpa of Ryann and even PROUDER dad of Mandie. Love dad